My ETSY.Com Shop

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Something New

It has been quite a while since my last post, but what can I say. Life has a way of taking front stage sometimes. My son who is in the 7th grade this year, has shown me that maybe there is hope. I say that because the last couple of years for him has not been his best. His grades were slacking in almost every class, except gym. I have to honestly admitt that his bad grades were in part my fault. Working at Honda and having the swing shifts were not easy on me or my family. I couldn't be there to help out as much as I should have been. So in my work related absence, my sons grades failed miserably. But this year is proving to be a good one for him and myself. Even thought I am no longer working at Honda because of the recession and job layoffs. I am not at home with my son to supervise all homework and school projects. The one thing I can say is that some things do happen for a reason.

And my crafts website at ETSY.com has made some marked strides too. I have sold a few things and have made arrangements with a local shop to sell a few of my items. I'm really excited about that. And I plan to have a booth at my local Fall Festable in October set up with my things to sell also. With the discovery that I love to sew, alto of new ideas have started running through my head. And purse design is the new thing for me. I love to design purses. I see new designs almost everywhere I look. I cant walk in any store without looking at fabrics and buttons and zippers and anything that I think would work on a purse. I still crochet and knit, and I am working on a way to incorporate crochet in with my purse design.

And with the changing of seasons I plan to make more crochet hat and scarf sets out in beautiful colors.

So its off to buy more crochet yarn and gorgeous material for more handbag designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment